Sunday 27 November 2022

Some kind of Wonderful Card set - Ankarika Craft

  Hi there!

For the last TWO WEEKS I have been working on twin cards in the winter version. It took me so long because I had time for creation in just one weekend and literally looked in the studio for brief moments during the week - the tiredness gave me a hard time recently.

In the meantime, check out what I've made. These two cards are extremely layered, stiff and solid. I'm kindly pleased with myself. I made them in collaboration with Dusty Attic - yes, yes, the stencil and chipboards used in this piece are actually my beloved designs from Dusty Attic. If you're not already familiar with this chippies manufacturer, I encourage you to visit the shop and you'll be amazed at the number of fantastic designs for every occasion.



This time I used papers from Craft Sensations, embossed it with a 3D embossing folder from Sizzix and sewed it on the machine. The cardboards are protected with white gesso, covered with Glimmer Paste from Nuvo, which gives a fantastic snowy sheen. Finally, I coloured them a little with water colour paint from Cosmic Shimmer in the shade Copper Sheen.


As is my usual behaviour, I had to do something that I hadn't tried before. The choice fell on washi tape. I glued a fairly wide strip of washi tape (about 3.5cm) onto the scrapbook paper and then cut it into thin strips (about 2-3mm). I layered these strips in the legs of the deer to create the illusion that they were standing on something - rather than levitating in the air.


Finally, I sprinkled the work with small beads from Finnabair. How do you like my welcome to winter?  Let me know if you also have made winter projects already and if you like this time of year in your studio. Warm greetings!





Dusty Attic products used in the work:









See you soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment