Thursday 8 September 2022

Under the Sea - Karan Gerber


Today is the last day to get a huge 20% off plus free shipping (for orders over $150 AUD) 

GET IN QUICKLY to the WEBSITE HERE  

Use the code: JENSINFIJI20 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Hello creative friends and welcome back to the blog. Today I am sharing a steampunk vibe project.

Dusty Attic  have released a new range of Steampunk and Industrial chipboard pieces I so wanted to play with. So I designed this 8x8 on a flat board Canvas. 


Now I have to explain, I do not consider myself a mixed media artist, I like to dabble in it. Sometimes, I surprise myself and come up with a great project. 

This for me, was one of those projects. I used papers from Sea World from Stamperia for my background. 



I also used a few of their acrylics to come up with the colours I have. This came about rather quickly as the paints just happen to be perfect. I added in some Turquoise fluid acrylic and burnt sienna. 


The burnt sienna allowed me to create the darker shadows you see under some of the pieces. I also added in some brads from my stash where i felt they needed to be to add that special detail 



 I love how it turned out, even the title, which I cut out from one of the papers looks metal  but its paper. I sanded the edges, then added some mediums and finally gold wax. 


Here is the finished flat board canvas, I love how it turned out!!

Why not give these new steam punk pieces a try, they are fabulous to play with. 

Materials Used:

    
 







No comments:

Post a Comment