Tuesday 23 August 2022

This was Super fun - Guest Designer Kim Arnold

 

Hi, I am Kim Arnold and I am delighted to be doing some guest design work for Dusty Attic. I had these cute pictures of my niece climbing in the park and thought they would be just wonderful with some of the natural floral pieces from Dusty Attic along with the great title piece. I have also used the 49 and Market Meadow collection (which is available in the Dusty Attic Store) as it worked perfectly with the Chipboard I had selected.



I started by painting up all of the chipboard pieces to coordinate with the papers I was using. The large Wildflower floral piece, I painted dark green and the flowers a steel blue. When that was dry, I added green wax over the green paint and a glitter blue pain on the flowers. The title I painted gold and I also painted the Word Disk gold, but used a foam dauber with only a little paint to ensure that I did not get paint down into the engraved words. The butterflies were painted with a combination of brown, a muted red and bronze paints.


 I then started work on the layout as the chipboard dried. The background is a green subtle pattered paper over which I layered a piece of cream subtle patterned paper ripped to approximately 6” wide. I added a salvage strip from another paper in the Meadow collection to the bottom of the layout.



Once I decided where the photos were going to go, I added large rubons of grasses and reeds to the left of where the photos were going to be. I wanted to create the effect of layered wildflowers. I then attached the photo.



It was now time to add the chipboard. The Wildflower piece over the rubons. One of the branches was covering the rubon butterfly, so I trimmed it away and added it to the right of the photos.

The title was added below the photos with a butterfly perched on it. Another butterfly was added to a branch of the Wildflower.



The Word Disk was added over the Wildflower to the left of the photos.

The final touch was to add some of the laser pieces from the 49 and Market Meadow collections and a rubon butterfly above the photos.

I have a process video available for this layout which is available on my YouTube Channel: 

(12) Kim Arnold - YouTube

I hope you have an opportunity to get some creative time in soon.

Happy scrapping

Kim x

 

Dusty Attic products:

·       Wildflower #3 – Dusty Attic – Australian owned and operated Laser Cutting business

·       Word Disks #3 – Dusty Attic – Australian owned and operated Laser Cutting business

·       Butterflies #3 – Dusty Attic – Australian owned and operated Laser Cutting business

·       This was Super fun – Dusty Attic – Australian owned and operated Laser Cutting business

·       49 and Market Meadow Paper – Flora – Dusty Attic – Australian owned and operated Laser Cutting business

·       49 and Market Meadow Paper -Natures Clippings – Dusty Attic – Australian owned and operated Laser Cutting business

·       49 and Market Meadow Laser Cut Elements – Dusty Attic – Australian owned and operated Laser Cutting business

No comments:

Post a Comment