Friday 22 July 2022

Bruce Rock Country Papercraft retreat - Deb Stephens

One of the best Craft Retreats is Country Papercraft at Bruce Rock in the Wheat belt of Western Australia. We always have such an amazing experience when we go there and Marg and Vicki look after everyone so well. I always take a stack of photos when I am there and need to be efficient in how I scrap them, so I use smaller photo sizes which makes it easier to use multiple photos on a single or double layout. Of course, I’m not averse to having a feature page or two in the mix as well but there are just too many photos for me to do that when recording memories for each trip.

This double layout features Vintage Artistry In the leaves- Autumnal and Journal Cards Paper by 49andMarket. I have used a large DA piece called Rustic Farm Fence #1 DA0855 which I cut so that I could make it stretch out across both pages. I extended this feature by joining additional barb wire DA0154 chipboard and adding the smaller barb wire from the Creative Layers #9 DA2805 set as well a small tyre track DA1194.

Gum Trees DA0743 (and from the Creative layers set) were painted and layered up to give depth. I didn’t have any Cart wheels in my stash, so I decided to use Industrial Jumbo Gears DA2860 instead.

I used another Industrial Jumbo gear and the rest of the Creative Layers set to complete the layered cluster on the left hand side layout. The Bruce Rock and Country PaperCraft Retreat chipboard pieces are a custom cut set by Dusty Attic, available from the Retreat itself, which helps finish off my double layout perfectly, along with some words from the barcodes of the paper.

Here are some more pictures of the Layout and the DA products I used. Until next time, Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment