Wednesday 27 April 2022

Memories - Michelle Van Oudsthoorn - Mood Board Inspiration

Hello lovelies

As I type my blog, it is a warm day here in Christchurch, New Zealand. We are meant to be heading into winter, but one wouldn't think so with the warm weather.

Today I am on the blog with my moodboard project. 

When I see brown tones, I always think masculine, and I am such a sucker for cogs and gears when it comes to masculine pages, so yes that is the route I followed, using a photo of my very gorgeous son:
I have used selected cogs and gears from DA2859 and D2860, nuts and bolts (DA2880) and have used the word memories from the title DA0732, as well as geometrical panel DA1037. These were all painted with black gesso before I started my page.
While these were drying I sanded my photo, and adhered two pieces of paper behind the photo for my matting. Once the chipboard was dry, I added prima waxes on all the chipboard pieces. Mostly in tones of gold, copper and silvery colours.
I first cut down the geometric panel and adhered this to the page before adding my photo.
I added the photo with foam tape to allow me to tuck in the cogs under the photo. I then started layering the cogs, nuts and bolts.
Creating layers with the nuts and bolts also looks like they are part of the industrial look I am trying to create.
I then finished off with the title - the title is packaged as "happy memories" - and I have made use of just the memories part.

I finished off with adding some ink splatters.

These are the products I have used:





You can still take part in the moodboard challenge, by entering your take on the moodboard using Dusty Attic chipboard and submitting your entry to the DustyFANattics facebook page. And you could be one of two lucky winners to win a AUD50 worth of Dusty Attic chippy!

Take care,
Michelle












No comments:

Post a Comment