Monday 24 January 2022

Winter - Pascale B

Hello Sweeties,

Today I'm up on Dusty Attic blog with a new layout. I wanted to work in the tones of the photo, that is to say in shades of grey. I just added some gold to add some interest.


As usual, I primed the background with clear gesso. Next, I added a design with a stencil and the Crushed Ice effect paste. When dry, I added some white liquid acrylic to mimic the snow. 


I decided to work mostly with waxes and metallic flakes to alter the chipboards. I used the gold metallic flakes to cover the berries from the Holiday Spray and the Christmas Berries #1. To alter the Small Snowflakes #1, I used silver metallic flakes.


I colored the leaves of the Holly #4 with Graphite and the berries with Vintage Gold waxes. For the Holiday Spray, I used the Charcoal one which is the darkest color. I painted the Mistletoe #2 berries with white paint and the leaves with Old Silver. 


I used different waxes to colour the gnomes' clothes and the white Imposto for the beards. 


To finish the layout, I added some silver and gold glitters. 


Dusty Attic products:


Holiday Spray
DA3172


Holly #4
DA3141


Christmas Berries #1
DA3143


Mistletoe #2
DA3196

Gnome small
DA2967

Snowflakes #1 small
DA2677

Other products:
  • Stencil - Echo Park (Quilted Stich) ;
  • Art Ingredients - Finnabair Prima (Metallic Flakes: Sparkling; Glass Glitter: Sterling);
  • Art Alchemy Waxes - Finnabair Prima (Old White, Charcoal, Graphite, Old Silver, White Gold, Vintage Gold);
  • Art Alchemy Paints - Finnabair Prima (Impasto: Titanium White; Liquid Acrylic: Titanium White);
  • Art Extravagance - Finnabair Prima (Crushed Ice Effect Paste, Gilding Glue);
  • Art Basics - Finnabair Prima (Clear Gesso, 3D Matte Gel, Soft Gloss Gel).


No comments:

Post a Comment