Wednesday 12 January 2022

Wedding Cards - Ankarika Craft

 Hi there,

I'm sitting at my desk and I'm going to describe to you the cards that were given to two different couples on the occasion of the wedding. I enjoy doing two works similar to each other but with many differences. This is my own challenge: to meet the expectations of my clients, to satisfy my own artistic preferences, to make two similar but different works that together will be nicely presented in the photo - so they are to complement each other and create a harmonious duo. Often these requirements are accompanied by, for example, the colours imposed by the current challenge on the Dusty Attic blog - but not this time. Considering that for about a year I have been working almost exclusively with papers from two Margaret Paper Design's collections, this is also quite a challenge.. And recently there have been other nice challenges in our group, in which I also try to take part.

Okay - I had a need to appreciate myself a bit, but now we're getting down to work.


I decorated both cards with the same sheets of paper: 6B and 7A from the "Breeze of Dreams" collection. Recently, I showed you HDF-based hearts with the same orange flower motif. The edges are ragged, trimmed with a decorative stitch on the machine and secured with a colorless gesso. Some time ago, Justyna from the "Rabusiowe Pasje" studio hosted a live stream on Fp "Goatbox". She used Margaret's graphics there, so I watched this video with great curiosity and was inspired by it to use a mandala stencil. The effect is phenomenal - at least in my opinion. Here I used a white matte crackle paste from Sizzix, and the mask is from Dusty Attic. I tweaked the mask pattern a bit with Firebird wax. Then it was the turn of a piece of ecru linen, which I glued at an angle.



All the cardboard used here is from the Dusty Attic store, they are covered with white gesso except for the wild flower. I secured it with a black gesso, because I knew from the very beginning that it was supposed to catch the eye. I finished it with the wax I wrote about above, giving it a great metallic sheen that perfectly matches the flowers on the paper. Coming back to the other chippies: a brick wall arranged along one side, the phrases "Remember TODAY", "celebrate THIS", hearts and butterflies I smeared a bit with Distress, Vintage Photo.




The main composition is based on a stylish frame cut from the same paper collection as the background, using a die with 3D embossing effect from Tim Holtz. I got the frame dirty with Distress and added matt Nuvo 3D pearls in Chalk Stick color. Torn gauze and a sumptuous white organza bow stick out from underneath. I rolled three rolls of white tracing paper, and the edges of the rolls torn at the top and bottom, stained with Distress, and then underlined with wax. I added ecru flowers, a few embellishments around to enrich the composition and a wild flower on top.




The butterflies sitting on the stem are elements to be cut from sheet 1B from the "Love me Tender" collection. All the work in the nooks and crannies, I scattered silver Finnabair microbeads. I finished the creative process with splashes.




Let me know how you like my idea for a wedding card. Do you do traditional bright works for this occasion? Are you experimenting a bit bolder? I'm very curious.




Products from the Dusty Attic:









Products from the Margaret Paper Design:









See you soon, as I already have another art work ready to describe.





No comments:

Post a Comment