Friday 22 October 2021

Raven Panel - Ankarika Craft

 Hi there!

Today I present an autumn male style frame made for my beloved brother. We haven't seen each other for over a year and I miss him a lot, and my longing has been transformed into an artistic form of a raven. The raven, I suppose, will hang on the wall in his brand new house and will remind him of me.


I made the frame during the live stream at the Cudna Paczka group on Facebook. It's an awesome place that brings together a group of cool Polish scrapers, there is an incredibly friendly and supportive atmosphere. Every month there are lots of interesting and inspiring challenges. Each single week is rich in actions that wonderfully encourage artistic activity. I joined there recently and I really appreciate it. Due to the fact that the creative work, step by step, can be watch on the saved recording on the Cudna Paczka group, the description in this post will be a bit less detailed. You can also win a collection of our Margaret papers by taking part in the challenge on the mentioned group - you have to do a work inspired by my live stream recording - until the end of October. Good luck!



The basis are two Artistiko frames - the largest and the smallest of them available in the store. A gray gesso was secured, as well as all the used chipboards from Dusty Attic used here. After the gesso had dried, I applied the Distress Collage Medium to the frames, which gave the effect of cracking along the traces of brush painting. The close-ups show what I am writing about, you just have to look at it. The next step was to put on the Damask mask from Dusty Attic. This time I used a graphite paste from Finnabair. Then I applied a delicate layer of silver wax from Sizzix, emphasizing the structure and cracks even more.



The lower part of the large frame, as well as the background under the raven, are decorated with 2A paper from the "Breeze Of Dreams" collection by Margaret Paper Design. The edges are trimmed to the shape of a frame and soiled with vintage paste from Stamperia, from the top I torn the paper diagonally, making sure that the torn edge was visible. The small frame is decorated with a quote printed and cold-embossed with the help of a 3D folder from Sizzix. I emphasized the structure of the folder by gently covering it up with Distress Vintage Photo.



Around the oval, both on the frame and inside, I glued a fantastic, filigree stitch, called in the store Crazy Stching - I emphasized it with wax to make it visible despite the dark background. I decorated both frames at both ends with wonderful ornaments. The central place is taken by a magnificent raven wearing a hat and monocle. He is dignified and very dominant.. I fell in love with him at first sight and I had to have him. After the gesso was dry, I highlighted the feathers, eye and hat with a colorless Gelly Roll pen. With the brush, I gently applied a small amount of silver wax, minimizing the visibility of the pen used, and thus the effect became more natural. At the end, I added some blushes by gently dabbing the feathers with the waxes: Firebird and Indian Pink by Finnabair. The monocle is lush orange - thanks to Fire Orange paste from Finnabair.


 

Leaves in shades of fall are an important element of this decor. They were created with an innovative method that I am very pleased with. This time, I used my new leaf mask from Dusty Attic. There are 4 different leaf stencils available in the store, I encourage you to test my method. After the paste is dry, I cut out each leaf in some detail. I matched the color to the paper used by applying three different shades of Ranger mist: Lettuce, Wild Plum and Terra Cotta. I'm very curious how you like it.. Let me know in the comment below.




From under the smaller frame, there are three sizes of country wagon wheels - these are intricately cut elements from the sheet on the back of the cover of the aforementioned collection of papers. I darkened the edges with vintage paste to make them look more solid. At the two ends of decor, you can see two banners: I love you (Kocham Cię) and Be always happy (Bądź zawsze szczęśliwy) - the inscriptions in English can be found on each single sheet of papers along the paper collection. Here and there I get stuck little scraps of black gauze, there are also pieces of film tape from Tim Holtz - I wonder if you can see where I added them. There are a lot of mini pebbles in three sizes at work, colored with vintage paste, but there are also a lot of gray and black balls that make the whole art finished and the free spaces are less noticeable. Finally, a splash of white paint. How do you like it?

Dusty Attic's products:






Margaret Paper Design's products: 




I am very excited and waiting for your reaction. I am glad that you are here with me, that you visit regularly. It gives me energy and enthusiasm to describe my works. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. And when you click on a subscription, you'll get notifications when I post something new on the blog. See you!






No comments:

Post a Comment