Thursday 12 August 2021

Photo Box - Ankarika Craft

  Hi there!

We are halfway through the summer holidays. This year we decided to spend every Sunday on trips, regardless of the weather. So we look forward to every Sunday with longing. How is your holiday in 2021? Show off where you were, what you saw. Are you resting from the studio or maybe the holidays have no influence on your work? I want to show you the photo box today. I had the order like this before, if you want to see it, it's here.


When accepting the order, I received quite specific expectations: I was supposed to refer to the countries of the East, to exploration the world and to friendship. The box measures 25 cm x 17 cm x 3 cm. There is a parting inside, both parts should fit about 50 photos sized 10 cm x 15 cm. I made it myself from scratch, cut the thick cardboard to size,  glued each piece to a large sheet of paper, leaving a double-thickness gap between them. I wrapped the sheet on all sides and glued it precisely to the cardboard. I installed 6 magnets sized 1cm x 2mm so that the box closes. I got all the edges dirty with Vintage Antiquing from Stamperia. I started to cover such a base with decorative paper. For this project I chose sheets from my own collection "Love me Tender"  I used two papers no. 5A with a parrot and a cage and one no. 4B. You can buy both Margaret Paper Design collections in the MyCRAFTime store, to which I cordially invite you.



I wanted the pink base paper to be visible on the folds and edges, so I cut the decor paper 1mm smaller than the total surface I covered. I sewed the cover with white thread on the machine, applied the Create a flower mask by Sheena Douglas, using Distress Crackle paste. After drying, I sprayed Wild Plum by Ranger. What happened next? You can watch the movie on my IG profile in the IGTV tab.


I glued a crumpled gauze over the bottom of the composition, and I put branches on top of it. I painted them brown with the mentioned vintage paste and the leaves with Sage Leaves wax from Finnabair. Cherry blossoms were added to this as the next layer. I painted the flowers with a white Gelly Roll pen and applied a delicate layer of Distress Victorian Velvet ink to the center. With a die, I cut flowers out of disposable handkerchiefs and delaminated them to the thinnest layer. I stained the centres of the flowers with the same ink, rolled the centres and stuck them around the branches. On top of it, I put a road sign from the "Breeze of Dreams" collection, indicating the countries she plans to visit. Under the sign is a magnificent travel suitcase with 3D elements, available in a set with other equally great designs, and in addition you can buy them in two different sizes. I painted it with the same wax as the leaves at the top, and tinted its accessories brown with Vintage paste.



I hid a small globe among the trees and put a beautiful quote about memories in the centre, painted with white gesso and vintage paste. I sprinkled white three sized pebbles from Finnabair in around the composition, and you will also find white Nuvo 3D pearls. On the front, the closure features the inscriptions chosen by the client and another quote that matches the circumstances. And the outer corners around the box were additionally secured with plaques from extra cutting set.



The inside contains more personalized data: there is a photo in a delicate frame, painted with white acrylic paint, a date - here I used embossing powder in a shade of chalk white, and the dots on the date are just Nuvo droplets, above and below the photo I put arrows designed by Nunka. There are also three inscriptions available at the bottom of each sheet in the "Breeze of Dreams" collection.






Products used here:



Dusty Attic's products:



Margaret Paper Design's products:






No comments:

Post a Comment