Thursday 11 February 2021

You will FOREVER be my always - Rikki G - Mood Board Inspiration


 Good morning how are you? Rikki here with a new Dusty Attic Mood board Challenge.

I have to say I had a lot of fun creating this layout it reminded me to find my dark, grungy side and it one that kind evolved especially with the colours. 







Ok where to start...... for myself I started with the form of the layout, using the film strips as my base, chopping them into different lengths and layering over each other and leaving some gaps.

Now to start the prep of the chipboard, I love to spray paint mine because I am inpatient when it comes to paint drying so I used Dulux Chalk - Classic Duck egg as a base to most of the chipboard.





While the chipboard is drying, work your background adding details and switching colours frequently I us the blending the brushes and just tend to keep one blue for blues and greens, brown and black together so on..... this then gives you hybrid colours and allows everything to blend.

Then the next step is to pick a palette for your mixed media base for your template work and also your chipboard its all about layering and building on combinations of those to tie the layout together.




So as you can see using these colours also adding a Walnut stain and Blueprint Sketch this made up all the combos. Go straight over the spray painted chipboard no brush straight with the ink pad.







Now for the effect on this title.... ages ago I went through a stage of foiling my chipboard because when I went on retreat it save carrying more things than I needed to... however that left this chipboard in the stash forever because it was a bright gold. 

This is where my trusty spray paint comes into it..... it allows all the detail of the etched sections to come through and covers I used a Dulux Chalk Charcoal colour and just after it dried I got my sanding block and gave it a distress allowing a dull gold to pop through which gave it a real metallic look.



Before you stick everything down give it a splash with some black and make some big ones.....



Dont be afraid of layering all you chipboard and cut things in half if you need to like the 



We are looking forward to see what you come up with this months challenge.
 Just put your own take of the challenge in the comments section of the Dusty FANattics facebook page HERE 


You could win one of two amazing Dusty Attic prize packs, ...this year we are reverting back to the prize being a $50 (AUD) credit  to the Dusty Attic website store so you can choose your very own designs.
 Till next time have a creative day
Rikki G xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment