Friday 9 October 2020

Altered Headset - Patricia Basson

It's a new month! October already and what a Year it has been! How many of us are hoping that come 2021 all will be back to a kind of normal even if it is a new kind of normal....

For this months Dusty Attic Design Team project I made an Altered project again. I was on the way of chucking this broken Headset in the trash but stopped myself just in time knowing that I can give it a new lease on life lol!


 







A lot of gluing, Gesso and placing of different Dusty Attic chipboards and other elements. I started with the Circle Mesh as the base of  the project. I used a Prima Hardware round Frame on top of the Dusty Circle Mesh. The gauss was stiffened with Tokreen and formed to my liking and the form of the Headset.






 






I used the following Paints and Waxes from Prima. Mermaid Sparkle Sparks, Spring Blossom and Soft Satin Metallique Paints and Light Patina Acrylic Paint. I did not like the sparkle too much so I added waxes to dull and give depth to the piece. I used Charcoal Black, Old White and Rusty Brown Matt waxes. The Leafy Garland was painted with the Mermaid Sparkle. One twig was adhered to the Mic arm and the other cut and pieces placed between my flowers.








I also added a few flowers on the back to neaten it all up. Two Prima resin Fairies, flowers and a Resin Moon add to the Magical little set-up.

To find these and many more Chipboard designs, follow the link to the Dusty Attic On-line shop.
















The little Plumpuppets are fairies of beds;
They have nothing to do but watch sleepyheads;
They turn down the sheets and they tuck you in tight,
And dance on your pillow to wish you good night!
~Christopher Morley~

No comments:

Post a Comment