Saturday 26 September 2020

Believe - Kristy Abela - Mood Board inspiration

         Hey, Hey! Welcome to another month of challenges! I was so excited to tackle this one, I am a neutral girl through and through and I struggle with 'pop's of colour. So I knew that this one was going to be FUN!

 

I scoured my stash to find some foliage to compliment the mood board. Dusty attic have an epic range of leaves & foliage so I'm sure you will find some to suit you. As always I lay out my elements and try to visualise where the layout will go.

 
After applying clear gesso on the background I used a 12 x 12 Stencil of a tree and white crackle paste. I wanted to fade out some of the background and emphasise the tree. 

 
After applying some water colour to the background with Sprays I used a wipe to remove the colour from the paste and leave it in the cracks. I added some definition with a water colour pencil and then spritzed it to soften the edges.

 
I did have to wait for this one to dry overnight... Wink. Once that was done I tried something a little different... I used washi tape to attach my fabric to the layout. Like with my other project this month I dipped into my old scrapbooking stash and pulled out a few forgotten gems.

Next I covered my Broken Bits with white gesso and my title 'Believe'. I applied some cappuccino paint to the foliage and rubbed a little gold wax on the tips to add a bit of a highlight.


 
I stuck down the tags, added some fibres and then positioned my photo and arranged the Broken Bits to frame where it was going to be mounted.

I stuck down my foliage and decided I wanted to highlight it a touch. I added some glitter with glossy accents to the berries on the branch.

 
I added some flowers, cabochons and art stones to finish off along with another Scrappers favourite... Enamel dots. It was great to get some extra uses for what I used to just use on a traditional page in my mixed media.

 
I used my distress inkpad to add some highlights to my flowers. I am a super messy scrapper and I  lightly rubbed the pad direct to the flower. I like that it is irregular and I never know how it will turn out.


Thanks for looking and don't forget to pop your entries in to win one of two awesome prize packs, just add to the comments section in the Dusty FANattics facebook page   HERE   .
 

 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment