Wednesday 30 September 2020

Art Journal - Kristy Abela

Hey Dusty Attic Fans, 

I took to the craft room for an art journal session and my chip boards. Why use chip boards? Why not! By the time I build up all the texture in my page and my layers I love having a focal point that pops, literally!

 
 I recently did a class that featured tags and had forgotten just how well the old scrappers tool can compliment a good ole art journal page.  Here I have added an enamel embossed mini word to my tag to compliment the stamped word. 

In the background I started with layers my favourite chalk based paints with a brayer. I then used an old store card to create some vertical and horizontal lines. Along those lines I used a fine tip applicator with white acrylic to add some random scribble text. 

I used some gel prints I made during a play session on tissue paper. Tissue paper is AMAZING. I use matt gel medium underneath and then place the tissue on top. It becomes completely transparent when you add a top layer of gel medium. Works as a substitute for stamping or stenciling on your journal pages when trying to 'flatten' the layers. 

I used some scraps that were lying around on my desk. I always keep offcuts when I create. When paper is already torn it takes some of the thinking out of what to create with and becomes more of a puzzle.. Like "Where does this go?" rather than "How does this go with..."

 
Thanks for looking and I hope that you have been inspired to try a few new things and use our favourite Dusty Attic Chipboards as the focal point. For other art journal ideas check out out my blog at Abela Artistry


 Chipboard used












 

No comments:

Post a Comment