Monday 21 October 2019

Paw Prints on my Heart - Belinda Spencer

Hey Dusty Attic peeps!!

Belinda here today to share my take on the awesome October Mood Board. The colours are so stunning and just happen to match a photo of my German shepherd, Ziva.

'Paw Prints on my Heart'


I started with a beautiful Stamperia patterned paper background. The paper was so lovely that it really didn't need anything added to it but I couldn't resist just a few swipes of the Dusty in Colour Sunburnt Orange paint that I had slightly diluted with water. The colours really just worked magically with my photo of my dog who just happened to be staring intently at a koala that had come to visit on the other side of the fence. Koalas really love the gum tree that is inside my dog compound even though I have two big dogs under that tree! I could hear a horrible noise on this day so I ran out with my camera (of course!) and found a koala screaming at my dogs. I had never heard a koala make such a noise before. It really wanted to get to that tree even though there are hundreds of trees it could choose on our property. Silly koala.



I used lots of layers of patterned papers, a tag or two and a strip of hessian as well as a film strip that I cut in half to lengthen under my photo. I also slipped in some messy thread in the one colour that was missing from my photo. I added some older Dusty Attic flowers that I have had in my stash for aaaages.



I painted my title and the paw prints using Gingernut paint and added a little bit of the Sunburnt Orange on the title.



I painted the cute heart that comes with the title in Forest Green.

Dusty Attic products used:


DA0906 Dusty in Colour Sunburnt Orange
DA0919 Dusty in Colour Forest
DA0922 Dusty in Colour Gingernut

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and checking out my take on the mood board. I do hope you find some time to play along too.

Cheers
Belinda




1 comment:

  1. I love the way you always scrap real photos Belinda, and this one is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete