Saturday 19 October 2019

Live in the Moment - Michelle Van Oudshoorn - Mood Board Inspiration

Hello lovelies

 
Can't believe we are in October already - this year is going crazy fast. The great thing about a new month - it means a new mood board challenge at Dusty Attic!


 


Are these colours beautiful, or what? Very warm and neutral colours, and somewhat calming .... I decided to use the tnature theme in the moodboard that inspired me to do my layout.  Here is my take on the colours for this month:

I have used to papers - one is a 49 and Market paper and the other is Prima.  I started with my frames first using a mixture of different colour paints - one I have is textured brown paint which has granules in it, which I dabbed on first. I then did dabbed on some light brown paint, then some Dusty in Colour Forest and Dusty in Colour Sunburnt orange.

The title is painted with a dark green acrylic paint and the branches are coloured with a mixture of brown textured paste - this gives such a lovely texture to the chipbaord and then dabbed with ochre colour paint.

The larger leaves were done in Dusty in Attic Forest green, I then lightly brushed some Dusty in Colour Gingernut on them, then added some Dusty in Colour Sunburnt Orange through the centre and the added these leaves with some Tim Holtz Walnut Ink. The smaller leaves were done with a lighter green and then accented with some darker green in the middle.

The photos and frame are adhered to the paper with foam tape to add some dimension. The branches are tucked in under the frame and then the 49 and Market flowers are added, along with a fussy cut squirrel

The title was added with foam tape

These are the Dusty Attic products used


 
DA0376
















Thanks for popping in to visit - have a wonderful week!

Michelle



No comments:

Post a Comment