Saturday 12 October 2019

Amour - Nicole Doiron

 
Hello Dusty FANattics!

 
It's Nicole and I'm in the mood for love! :) 



 
I recently went to the wedding celebration of 2 of my best friends, and I thought it would be special to create a canvas for them to remember this special day.

 





The canvas is 16 inches by 20 inches. I covered it with a coat of clear gesso,
 
and then used 2 different Dusty Attic stencils, Damask #2 and Large Dot, to add some texture and design to the base with modeling paste and several coats of inks, sprays and paints.







Since my friends are francophones, I used a saying from the French Wordplay, the Ensemble Amour set, as well as the word 'moments' from the Mini Tags #3 which has the same meaning in both languages.
 





Working with such a large surface, I thought it would be awesome to use several of the beautiful Fancy Frames. I added a few smaller frames from the Frame Medley. 

 

 
I wanted to keep them all elegant and classy and part of the background, so I used white embossing powder and white acrylic paint on them.



 




 

In the above image you see two Ornate Pendants colored in black.


 



 

On the words I used paprika colored embossing powder to match the orange and royal blue colour palette, which you can guess were also the wedding colours. I decorated with some Baroque Flourishes and black Decorative Dots.
 







I went a bit crazy with the flowers!  I love how there is no limit when working with canvases... you can use some of the biggest and thickest flowers in your staff because there's no limit!
 





 
I always get very nervous when creating a project as a gift, but I do love how this turned out, and my friends loved it as well.
 



Now, let's take a look at all the Dusty Attic chipboard and other products used.





 




 

Chipboard

Fancy Frame #8 - DA2128

Fancy Frame #10 - DA2130

Fancy Frame #12 - DA2241

Frame Medley - DA2445

Ornate Pendants #3 - DA1366

Ornate Pendants #4 - DA1367

Baroque Flourish #4 - DA2367

Decorative Dots Black - DA1820

Ensemble Amour - DA2000

French Wordplay - DA2003

Mini Tags #3 Black - DA1815

 
Stencil
Damask #2 - DA1707

Large Dot - DA1771

 

 
Visit me at Scrap-Utopia to see more of my creations!
And check out all the beautiful chipboard designs on the Dusty Attic website!!




Make your list now to add a ton of it to your stash and then share with us

your projects on the Dusty FANattics FB page.

 
See you a bit later this month!




 






No comments:

Post a Comment