Monday 12 August 2019

Summer beauty - Nicole Doiron





As you can see, I choose very bright papers from my very old Bo Bunny stash.
I then picked some fabulous chipboard from my Dusty Attic collection that I thought
would complement well the Summer feel and the kid style I wanted to express.


The first piece that caught my eye was the Mini Me set. I picked one of the cute little girls to represent the cutie in the photo, my friends' daughter. Because I wanted some of the chipboard to really stand out against all the background colours, I decided to cover it with white embossing  powder.  I created my title with a Mini Tag and a word from Word Pack #20. You can also see a glimpse of a newly released Polaroid Frame Set #1 poking out from the bottom of the picture.


Another new release from Dusty Attic is a line of very intricate Swirls. The one below comes from Set #1. I thought it went perfect with the design of this layout.


To mimic the geometric pattern on the background papers, I decided to add the Geometric Border and part of the Geometric Corners on both outer edge of my page.  They are absolutely fabulous. And I just love how cute the little Twine Bow looks on the tag! I colored it with a marker and gel pen.


Even my flowers are chipboard on my layout. I used Flower Layers #5 that I painted with Dusty in Colour Sunburnt Orange paint with a few dabs of the lighter Bisque.  Then finally, I added a few final touches of blue and purple with Decorative Dots and Page Pebbles.


I used a LOT of Dusty Attic chipboard on this project. Here is the complete list.


Chipboard
Geometric Border - DA1029
Geometric Corners - DA1030
Floral Layers #5 Small - DA0889
Mini Me - DA1156
Swirls #1 - DA2354
Twine Bows #3 - DA1828
Polaroid Frame Set #1 - DA2454
Decorative Dots - DA1816
Page Pebbles #11 - DA1116
Page Pebbles #8 - DA1113
Mini Tags #3 - DA1814
Word Pack #20 - DA1276
Dusty in Colour
Sunburnt Orange - DA0906
Bisque - DA0921

If you'd like to see more of my creations, I hope that you'll visit me at Scrap-Utopia.

Make sure to check out all the wonderful new release chippies right in the online store
 and share with us your project on the Dusty FANattics FB page.

I'll be back later this month with my take on the mood board!


No comments:

Post a Comment