Sunday 17 February 2019

Reflection - Kristy Abela - Mood Board Inspiration

Welcome to February at Dusty Attic!! Here is some inspiration for the mood board to get that creative Mojo into swing... 
I loved playing around with the chipboard this time as it created a gorgeous Tiara. I complimented it with some Dusty Attic Stencils and papers from AB Studio from the 'In Wonderland' & 'Dreamland' collection... 
Hope you like it!



Here is one of my favourite techniques... I like to prime my chipboard with gesso and then tap it with a flat brush to create peaks and ridges. It gives the colour somewhere to sit and pool creating exciting colour variations. Its best to dry in between layers if you want to use more than one colour.



After priming my page in Clear Gesso I used Dusty Attic stencil in Crosshatch and embossed, then I used some embellishment mousse through the Dusty Attic stencil in Creative Script.



Popped some stamping in the background in organic shapes and textures. I played with using Gesso, yellow & coral colour options before I settled on some walnut spray for colour.
TIP: I use the area that will be covered by my focal point as a little tester. It lets me know how the product will react or if I like the effect.




Here is a close up of all the mixed media elements put together.



Here comes the fun... I fussy cut papers from AB studio and along with flowers from 49 & Market created my collage. I embossed my title in Orange Popsicle from Lindy's. I needed a solid colour with out shimmer to make the page come together. 



I LOVE this chipboard!! Its so versatile as a frame or an edge or in this case a TIARA.. I coloured it with some teal shimmer spray used some glossy accents to add dimension. 




Dusty Attic Pearls and Micro beads on the pendant after also used some
Glossy Accents and a little wax to highlight some
areas. I finished off with dry brushing with Gesso and some splatters...



Look at those layers... and still the project is quite flat and will fit comfortably in my album. 




 Thanks for looking! Come and check out my blog if you would like to see other projects featuring Dusty Attic Chipboard.



DUSTY ATTIC Chipboards
 

DUSTY ATTIC Stencils



DUSTY ATTIC Embellishments




















No comments:

Post a Comment