Wednesday 19 December 2018

Sweet Memories - Farrel Tailor -

Hello there Dusty Attic Fans!!! Farrel here to share with you another mixed media altered frame for my last 2018 project.
Here is Australia we aren't so lucky to have a white Christmas as it is summer here but I really wanted to create something with the white Christmas feel and remembered we visited the snow in 2 years ago and thought PERFECT!! So this is what I created.
Altered Frame - Dusty Attic Farrel Tailor
The frame I used is a floating frame from Kmart. I covered the glass with with some patterned paper and splattered it with gold and blue spray.
For the frame itself I used a stencil by The Crafter's Workshop TCW742s and TCW9005 modeling paste. I also used Finnabair's Stone Effect Paste. Then used paints to create the colours of wood lightly dusted with snow. The paint I used was Finnabair Dark Chocolate Impasto paint and Paper Artsy Chalk Acrylic Paints - Mermaid, Mud Splat and Inky Pool.


Altered Frame by Farrel Tailor
I used a small piece of Corrugated Cardstock and painted it with white gesso. I then sprayed my cheesecloth piece with 13 Arts Ayeeda Mist Chalk Ultramarine and Pastel Cobalt.
Altered Frame for Dusty Attic by Farrel Tailor
I used Stampendous Aged Marine Embossing Enamel on my Small String Frame chipboard. And painted my plastic foliage with white gesso.
Dusty Attic Altered Frame by Farrel Tailor
The Deer Head chipboard I applied a light coverage of the stone effect paste and then painted it with white gesso and Chalk Ultramarine spray. I heat embossed the cosmic swirl chipboard with Range Gold Tinsel embossing powder.
Mixed media frame by Farrel Tailor
To finish off the frame I added some micro beads and crystals and a sticker from Tim Holtz small talk sticker book and last but not least Sweet Memories sentiment from Wordpl@y #3 Black.
Dusty Attic Products
cosmic_swirl_small__76822_zoom
7a95aa7b3cba2fbd81a2ee7951cd4850_image_250x226__44201_zoom
string_frames_small__25380_zoom
Deer_head__47338_zoom
Thanks for dropping in and I hope you enjoyed my last project for 2018. I can't wait to share again with you all in the new year. Have a wonderful Christmas and a safe new year xx
profile

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea and would like to do something similar for my son and his dog. What size is the frame you used?

    ReplyDelete