Monday 27 August 2018

Canvas Art - Michelle Carrick - Mood board inspiration



I’m back, with my second layout and is based on this months Mood board challenge, you still have 5 days to enter! 


August 2018 Mood Board


This is my beautiful girl, named Baby.
Sadly, I lost her a few years ago and she is buried
her under my palm trees!


I worked on a canvas and used paper from
Kaisercraft.
I added bandage tape, Prima washi tape
and paper strips first, then using heavy gesso from Prima painted over lightly,
let dry, then I watered down my stormy Sky Tim Holtz paint, letting run and
helping it with a paint brush in the directions I wanted. Let dry, then using a
script stencil, stencilled over in places and added blue glitter.


I used coffee to colour my doily. I tore
corrugated paper and a piece from a book chalked them with dark brown on the
edges and added washi tape over the corrugated piece.


I painted my chippies with all-purpose
ink. I cut the wings off the key and cut up one of the lace boarders. For the
tab, I lightly painted the blue and topped off with the all-purpose ink.




Placing everything and sticking down, and
adding lace; pins; wool and flowers with a few 49 and market flowers. The strip at the bottom of the Kaisercraft page was so apt!




Products used:













I loved this mood board and hope I inspired someone to take up the Dusty Attic challenge and post your layouts to @DustyFanatices Facebook page!

Happy scrapping!
Lovies
Shells

Michelle Carrick

1 comment:

  1. love your page and your puss puss looks so cute :)

    ReplyDelete