Saturday 16 June 2018

My Happy Place - Belinda Spencer



Hello Dusty FANattics!

Belinda here with you today to share my take on the stunning inspiration board for June. I have created an almost monochromatic layout for my project featuring some gorgeous Dusty products.

'My Happy Place'


To start my layout, I added a thin coat of clear gesso to my cardstock. Once dry, I spritzed with water and applied some Silver Amsterdam Acrylic Ink as well as Charcoal Kaisermist. I spritzed with more water and spread the mediums around with a paint brush. I flicked some of the silver over the background too.




I used some Golden Light Molding Paste with the stunning Mandala Stencil on the layout and dried it with a heat gun. I LOVE that stencil so much!




I layered on some co-ordinating patterned papers and added a torn strip of Dusty Corrugated Card. I then added the gorgeous new Fancy Frames # 1 in it's raw state to match the corrugated card followed by more layers of co-ordinated patterned papers and my photo.




The rest of the chipboard pieces I painted with the Tim Holtz Brushed Pewter Distress Stain. I love this Stain as it is pretty much mess free and you can very easily just dab it onto your chipboard. It doesn't take very long to dry either which is important when you are impatient like me!
I used a silver Posca Paint Pen to colour the centres of the Bridal Veil Dusty in Bloom flowers too.










The Dusty Attic products used:





I do hope you find time to play along with the challenge this month.

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.
Cheers
Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment