Sunday 11 February 2018

A Captured Moment - Belinda Spencer - February Challenge Inspiration




Hello Dusty Attic Fans!

Belinda here today to share my take on the fabulous February Mood Board Challenge.


How wonderfully grungy is this mood board? I totally loved all of the woodgrain elements in the image as well as the denim so I have based my layout around this inspiration.

'A Captured Moment'


I began my layout with a blue woodgrain background as inspired by elements in the mood board. I then used a palette knife to swipe firstly some Alabaster Dusty In Colour paint followed by the Denim paint. Once dry, I applied texture paste through the Chicken Wire Stencil.




Next I layered on some torn woodgrain patterned paper and some vellum before adding lots of dimension with twine, chipboard and my photo.




I kept that awesome String Frame and the foliage in their raw unaltered state as I wanted natural elements to co-ordinate with my photo. To make the title, Small Chevrons and the cute Page Pebble pop I painted them with my favourite white Posca Paint Pen.




I painted the Industrial Stars with the same Denim Dusty in Colour paint that I used on the background.




Products used:










I do hope you feel inspired play along with the challenge this month using your own awesome Dusty Attic stash. Thanks for visiting the blog today.

Cheers
Belinda




No comments:

Post a Comment