Tuesday 16 January 2018

Forever Always and Love Layouts - Belinda Spencer





20% OFF EVERYTHING SALE 
THAT'S RIGHT OFF

EVERYTHING, 

from NOW until we leave for CREATIVATION, Midnight on Tuesday 16th January 2018  




Hello Dusty Attic fans!

Belinda here today to share two layouts featuring the most stunning Dusty Attic chipboard designs. 
There's a bit of a love theme running through my post today with two very mushy layouts. Not like me at all!

'Forever Always' Layout


Believe it or not, that background paper is actually from a Christmas range but I just loved it for this layout. The floral design really matches our wedding which was held in a beautiful garden in a national park. And this led me to use some gorgeous botanical chipboard pieces as well as some lovely Dusty in Bloom Flowers.



I just adore the String Frames so I have added one on top of my paper layers and kept it in its natural raw state to keep with the 'natural' setting of our wedding. I also kept the Feather Charm raw too.



The Foliage # 8 chipboard has been painted white using a paint pen and then I have added some soft Peeled Paint Distress Ink very delicately with an ink blending tool. You need to be super gentle with this technique so as not to lose any of those sweet leaves.




I created a couple of pretty clusters with the chippie leaves and Dusty In Bloom flowers.




The title and page pebble were just coloured with the white paint pen again to contrast with the dark background.




Now I had planned to heat emboss those sweet little hearts with my favourite Princess Gold embossing powder but couldn't find it. I am not willing to share a photo of the state of my desk right now but if you saw it you would completely understand how easy it was for that embossing powder to hide from me! I scanned my desk area and found a roll of gold stickers that I had been hoarding for a while. They just happened to be the perfect colour so I stuck the chipboard onto the sticky side of the sticker and then cut the excess away. I used an emery board just to sand the sharp edges away. It left me wondering why I hadn't thought to use stickers before!!




Here's what I used:

















'Love' Layout


Another wedding photo on this layout which is a bit of a different design for me. The idea was to use the large sheet of paper with the 'All You Need is Love' quote on it and fit my photo and embellishments on the side. I'm not going to lie. It was tricky. It was fun to do something a bit out of the ordinary for me though. 




I have stuck to a black, white and gold theme for this layout and coloured my chipboard accordingly. The foliage was coloured with a white paint pen, the title, mini hearts and iron garnish painted with a black paint pen and the flower stamens were sprayed with Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold.













Here's what I used:












Well that's all from me today. I hope you are inspired to create your own 'love' layout. Make sure you share it in the Dusty FANattics Facebook Group HERE if you do. I would love to see what you create with Dusty Attic goodies.

Cheers
Belinda


No comments:

Post a Comment