Thursday 25 January 2018

Altered Journal Cover - Patricia Basson

And so another year has passed us by...Here we are at the threshold of 2018...What will this year hold in stock for us? Happiness, heartache...whatever it may be, my wish for all my Bloggy friends is that you will embrace what is thrown your way. I myself hope to be much more active with my Art and blog life...Hoping to flood my site with as many creations I can muster up during each month!!! 

As many know from Facebook, I have been invited to the Dusty Attic Design Team for another year!!! I always admire people who stay on one Team for years on end, and here I am such a person myself!!! I can not thank Jennifer Hedger and Jen Burns enough for entrusting me with the amazing Dusty Attic products for another year....Before I show my project for the month, I thought it would be interesting to show my new and past DT Badges to you, isn't the new one just too amazingly gorgeous?




For my first project I decorated the cover of a Journal...
I painted the edges with Burnt Umber and Raw Sienna Acrylic paints. Next I added some torn papers from 49 & Market, Charming and Pumpkin Patch from the Rusty Autumn Range. I then added crackle paste, after drying I misted with Moon Shadow Mists from Lindy's Stampgang, Tawny Turquoise and Treasure Island Turquoise. 











I used several Dusty Attic pieces on here. The largest is the Clockworks. I also used Nuts and Bolts and Industrial Globes. These were painted with Distress Paints, Antiqued Bronze, Broken China and Cracked Pistachio with little highlights with Black Soot. I aged them further with some random patches of Dusty Attic Rusting Powder. Also added a little sprinkling of Clear UTEE.







The Distressed Film Strip and Paintbrush were also painted with the Antiqued Bronze Distress Paint. The tip of the brushes got some Clear Gloss Varnish. The Hearts and centre of globe were coloured with Red Pepper Alcohol Ink. On the Hearts is some Clear Crackle Varnish. To decorate the front, I added several Blooms and Fussy cut flowers from 49 & Market as well as some Prills.









The back of the Journal is also decorated. I am amazed at the gorgeous Industrial texture one can achieve on chipboard with some Paints and Rusting products...

If you would like to give some of my ideas a try, you will find the chipboards in the Dusty Attic shop...





















Thank you for your visit...Wishing you well...

Fill your paper 
with the breathings 
of your heart. 
~William Wordsworth~

No comments:

Post a Comment