Monday 25 September 2017

Memories Documented - Cathy Cafun (Challenge inspiration)


Hi Dusty Attic Crafters,
Cathy here today to share my take on this month's Moodboard/Sketch Challenge using some of the new Dusty Attic chipboard and stencil designs




The inspiration I took from the Moodboard this month was the photo of the deer and the sketch, which I turned upside down.



"Memories Documented"

When I saw the photo of the deer in this month's Moodboard, I knew I would have to use one of the photos Luke took whilst at a Nara Deer Park in Japan.



To create my background, I stenciled first with the Crosshatch Stencil and Rose Gold Metallic Lustre, then stenciled over the top with the Leaves #3 Stencil and Mossy Ink.  To soften the ink I lightly sponged over with gesso, then stamped over the top with Kaisercraft Tiny Dot texture stamp in Rich Cocoa ink.  Lastly, I added some splatters of Lindy's Creme Brulee Cream Starburst Mist.
I used some of the cute Deer chipboard in the layers surrounding my photo.  To alter the chipboard, I coated the deers with Metallic Lustre in Rose Gold and White Frost on the antlers. I then lightly stamped on the edge of the deer in brown ink with tiny dot texture stamp, which I softened with a light sponging of gesso.
Here is one of the new release chippies Wildflowers #7... they are so pretty and delicate!!  Again I have used Metallic Pastes to colour my chipboard... I am addicted to them, and they are so easy to apply on your chipboard pieces.  You also have the added bonus of a touch of sparkle!!

A few more of the new release chipboard packs are the Mini Tabs #5 and Mini Dots which come in Black and Raw and just perfect to incorporate into your layers.


Thanks so much for stopping by.

 Dusty Attic Product Used

Other Product Used
49 and Market, Maja Designs & Bo Bunny pp's

Decoart Metallic Lustre - White Frost, Rose Gold
Viva Inka Gold - Hydrangea, Green Yellow

Kaisercraft Texture Stamp - Tiny Dot

Lindy's Stamp Gang - Creme Brulee Cream Starburst Mist

Memento Ink - Rich Cocoa

Mixed Media Ink - Mossy


Happy Crafting
Cathy xx





1 comment: