Sunday 10 September 2017

Imagine - Nicole Doiron (challenge inspiration)



Hello to all you Dusty Attic lovers!
Nicole here with you today to share my take
on the gorgeous September Mood Board Challenge.
This month's challenge is stunning and it inspired me to create 
this very colourful layout incorporating many DA chipboard
as well as different stencils, and much more...





Here is a look at the mood board including a fabulous sketch to get you started.





I am not very adept with the watercolor techniques but I think I did fairly well
using different mists and water on my white background.
In order to have better control of the designs, I find that it is best to
dip a brush into the mist bottle instead of spraying it on the paper.
Then you blend it with water, creating different shades and shapes.



I chose the Blueprint Imagine chipboard as my title.
I colored with a black Copic marker, then lightly sprayed it with white
and colored in the white spots with different colors of the rainbow.




On my background, I added texture and design by using
2 different DA stencils: Words of Wisdom with white modeling paste
and Starry Night with black embossing paste.  You also see below 
one Geometric Corner that I cut in two and treated the same as the title.




Dusty Attic has several Beaded Flourish designs, each as beautiful as the other.
I covered it with Cranberry acrylic paint and dabbed it with some Lavender Blush.
The word 'creative' created with the Mini ABC Set in Uppercase was painted with Oceania.





I sprinkled lots of Dress My Craft sequins also found in the Dusty Attic store.
I absolutely adore the way my layout turned out.





I hope you like it as well and that it will inspire you to play along this month!



Now let's take a closer look at all the Dusty Attic products used!

Dusty Attic Supply List




Chipboard:






Dusty in Colour:
Stencils:
Accessories:
Dress My Craft Sequins:



If you want to see more of my creations, visit me HERE.



Until next time!






No comments:

Post a Comment