Friday 6 January 2017

Dream tomorrow - Fiona Paltridge


Hello loveliness's! Fiona here with you to share my VERY FIRST Dusty creation!! Eeeeeekkkk a tad exciting!!! I'm just loving having a play with this gorgeous chippy and other products. So many possibilities!

I decided I'd make a little card inspired by this months mood board.

 
The blue tones in this board just spoke so much to me. I wanted to try out some of the Dusty In Colour to see how they applied. My intention was to make a weathered wood effect similar to what was in the moodboard. They were FABULOUS!! Great coverage, awesome colours and easy to apply from their little squeeze bottle. I am definitely a fan!
 

I also wanted to add some of the gorgeous Dusty in Bloom Collection. The Blue Bonnet flowers match in perfectly. I tweaked them ever so slightly with some Dusty in Colour Denim and some white Gesso.
 
And then of course there is the chipboard. The gorgeous blue winged feathers on the moodboard caught my eye immediately so I wanted to try and add that in some how. The perfect solution was to choose one of the Large Wings which I coated with different shades of blue, grey and white.
I also added a title or sentiment to my card from the Cherish Yesterday set. I wanted this card for a friend who is heading into new, exciting and big challenges in 2017 and I wanted her to remember that she is working hard for her future and so "Dream Tomorrow" was appropriate.
 
 
The background was created using one of The Dusty Attic stencils which I'm also totally in love with! These little 7"x5" stencils are so perfect for cards and this design suited the moodboard well.
 
The Dusty Attic Products Used:

 
 
 
 


Fiona Paltridge

2 comments: