Monday 23 May 2016

Altered Lantern - Joanne Bail - Off the Page

Hello!!

Joanne here with you today to share and altered lantern I purchased from a junk shop. It wasn't the nicest looking lantern when I bought it but I could see the possibilities...lol. I decided to dress is up with lots of Dusty chipboard and then make it look super rusty like something you would find in an old barn.

'Rusty Lantern'


For the spider I wanted it to look a little more real so to speak, so I rolled some paper clay and attached it to the top of the Dusty Spiders body to give it more of a round dimension.


I love the lacey heart frame which I started with as the base of my cluster. I chose to leave the centre of the heart in so it was more solid.


For some of the chipboard to make it look a bit more aged and weathered I once again wet it and separated parts of it before coating it with the rusting pastes. I love the extra dimension this gives to it.


I added some roses to the lantern for an extra wow feature and to give it a bit of a feminine touch. I love that it looks like a lantern relic from the past.


I folded and bent the larger chipboard pieces to fit around the outside my lantern. I wanted to try and keep the chipboard whole so to do this I wet the chipboard in the places I wanted to fold as this helps make the chipboard more pliable and helps to stop the chipboard from breaking.

Dusty Attic
Materials List
DA0051 Cogs #1
DA0689 Mini Cogs
DA0114 Spiders
DA1211 Lacey Hearts
Wings #1
DA1460 Ivy Flourish
DA1469 Laurel Sprigs

Other - Prima Finnabair Rust Paste, Prima Flowers, Lantern & Metal Button.

Visit my blog - Scrappin For Me


2 comments: