Friday 1 April 2016

April 2016

Happy APRIL everyone, I was going to start with the news of Dusty Attic closing down, as an "APRIL FOOLS JOKE" however I'm sure our Design Team and "the Boss" Jennifer Hedger would not find it funny!
In saying that I have now warned you and I hope you don't get caught out !! hehehe
 
We had a retreat last month at the Muresk Institute  - WOW we all had such an amazing time, the food was amazing, and the company was above brilliant !! I was laughing so much at one stage I thought my sides where going to split.  I adore when like minded people get together and just have an absolute blast.  I really cant wait for the next one.
Oh no, wait, there are the weeks of packing kits and the like before that isn't there??? It is worth all of the work that the girls do just for those four days !
 
Now without a further "a do" I would like to thank everyone that entered the March mood board, I have to say the DT where split in their voting this month! Don't forget though there is a prize at the end of the year for the person who has entered the most mood board challenges.
 
MARCH WINNER IS ...
 
KALALAYAA
Please contact us at dustyattic.hq@gmail.com for your gift voucher 
 

 
APRIL MOOD BOARD
 
We have been given our boards from a gorgeous lady "Audrey T" from Pinterest,  you can have a look at all her stunning boards to get inspiration at any time
 
 
RACHELLE SIGURDSON 
is first up with another of her stunning layouts to inspire you using this board .  
 
I love that Rachelle always shares her creative process with us all
 
 
 
Hello, Rachelle here, today I am here to share with you, a LO I did using Dusty Attics Beautiful Mood Board for April....


The Challenge has a amazing prize of a $100 Dusty Attic Gift Voucher to the  Dusty Attic Website  for the winner. To enter all you need to do, is use the Mood Board for Inspiration,  you can interpret it anyway you like. The only requirement is that Dusty Attic chipboard is used in your creation. Once completed simply add your link to the right side of the bar of the Dusty Attic Blog...
The Dusty Attic used:
Vine Frames #2
Vine Frames #2
Leafy Scroll
Leafy Scroll
Wildflower #3
Wildflower #3
Bird Cage #4
Bird Cage #4
mini Bird Cages #1
mini Bird Cages #1
Doily
Decorative Flourish Set
Decorative Flourish Set
mini ABC set upper
Mini ABC upper
mini Script ABC set
Mini Script ABC
Teeny Tiny ABC set
Teeny Tiny ABC
Brick Wall Stencil
Brick Wall Stencil
Creative Script Stencil
Creative Script Stencil
Dusty in Colour Alabaster
Dusty in Color Alabaster 
Dusty in Colour Mountain Meadow
Dusty in Color Mountain Meadow
Dusty in Colour Lavender Blush
Dusty in Color Lavender Blush
Dusty in Colour Sugar Plum
Dusty in Color Sugar Plum
Dusty in Colour Clear Gloss Varnish
Dusty in Color Clear Varnish
Dusty in Colour Clear Crackle Varnish
Dusty in Colour Clear Crackle Varnish
Dusty Attic Texture Paste
Dusty in Color Texture Paste
The Maja Design used:Vintage Spring Basics:6th of March,8th of April,8th of April-BS,&10th of April-BS, From the Vintage Summer Basics I used:1936-BS
Here are some close ups...
I love to do distressed paper layers on my projects. This shows some of the layers, I also did some hand stitching. I painted the leaves of the foliage with DA mountain meadow, let dry (DA paints dry fast) then I applied a thick coat of clear crackle. Once the crackle dried I dry brushed on some DA Alabaster paint, to soften the color, & give the leaves 2 tones... One the seeds of the wild flower I altered using the lavender blush & sugar plum, then applied the DA clear gloss...
I painted the tile & flower, with alternating, DA Lavender Blush & sugar plum. I then applied the crackle on to the flower,let dry, then dry brushed on the DA Alabaster...
Shows stencil work using the DA Creative Script Stencil & DA Texture paste & doily's under the flower of the leafy scroll...
The larger flowers are Prima, & the others are IamRoses
I glued on some seed beads on to the Vine Frame...






Thank you so much for taking the time to look, & I am looking forward to seeing, what you come up with, with this months Mood Board...Rachelle

4 comments:

  1. Wow wow.... Thank you so much Dusty attic team to show my frame. Congrats Kavi Tha it's a beautiful canvas. As always Rachelle's layout is beautiful and rich look

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what an amazingly gorgeous moodboard!! Congratulations to the winner, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much,gorgeous mood board this month.Loved the layout.

    ReplyDelete