Wednesday 20 January 2016

Always Find time - Gabrelle Pollacco


So I really can't complain too much about the weather, it's been a fairly mild winter here in Canada (Ontario, at least) so far....but the past few days have been so cold and snowy.  It doesn't take long for me to long for Spring!  So today I thought I would scrap something that makes me happy....beautiful flowers.

  Enjoying-Outdoors-KL

I used a number of papers from the beautiful 'Enjoying Outdoors' collection (Beautiful Trees-bs, Woodlands, Flourishing-bs)....also a bit of Vintage Autumn Basics (XVI) - Clocks, and Walking In the Forest (Die Cut Sheet- butterfly).

  Always closeup2I found these cute flowers that I thought were a good match for the blossoms in the photo....they are Prima Marketing flowers, but I couldn't find a name on the packaging (I think they might be from the FairyBelle collection?).


I did a little painting with some Shimmerz Paints on the background. I used 'Naughty or Nice' Inklingz behind the photo area and then used a combination of 'Sage It Isn't So' Creameez and 'Greener Pastures' Inklings, splashing out from the side underneath the floral embellishments.  I gave the Dusty attic chipboard scrolls a coating of  'Artie Choked' Textures.

  Always closeup4

You can see in this photo, the pretty textures the green texture paste gives to the Dusty Attic chipboard Scrolls (also a new set of scrolls recently released by Dusty Attic!).  I also tucked a few clocks that I cut out from the Vintage Autumn Basics XVI paper around the photo area along with some Dusty Attic green blossoms (called Grassy Knoll).  And as a finishing touch I added a butterfly that I cut out of the Die Cut sheet from the Walking In the Forest collection as an embellishment on the photo.


I'm super excited about the new stencils Dusty Attic has been coming out with lately.....just a couple of weeks ago I got a few of them in the mail....I used the Cross Hatch stencil behind the photo area with  some home made texture paste to add a little interest there.

  Always closeup5

I added a bit of texture using a new Dusty Attic stencil called 'Cross Hatch' with some home-made texture paste. I also added a new chipboard title from Dusty Attic, using the Shimmerz 'Greener Pastures' paint to color the scripted words in the title.

I hope you enjoyed today's post and that it brought you a little hint of Spring on this cold winter day! It's fun to be scrapping again after a little break over the holidays....I've got another page coming up in a few days!  Thanks so much for stopping by today! xo



2 comments: