Saturday 24 October 2015

Pocket Page Scrapping - Lizzy Hill - plus mini Tutorial on reverse stenciling

Hi there! Today I thought I'd switch things around.
DT member, Melinda Sweetman is waaay inspiring with her PL,
so I decided to give it a go, too:)
Basically this is an altruistic post. I recently received my Dusty Attic box of 
AMAZING goodies. Including their new STENCILS & TEXTURE PASTE.
 I decided a really good way of 'playing' was with some PL!
So, here's a bit of a run-down of what I did:
Firstly, I decided on my DUSTY ATTIC PAINT colours, based on the pages I'd already
completed for August:
 Then I got out my new stencils, with some white cardstock & away I went, mixing the fabulously SMOOTH texture paste
with the paint:
Next I whacked it over the stencils. Of course, I had lots of paint, so I then pushed the 'painty' stencil onto some other card stock
for a reverse image:
I was really pleased with how they turned out:
Lovely, LOVELY stencils!!!!
Middle L is CIRCUIT, middle R is  FLOWER BURST
Bottom L is FEATHERS & ARROWS   & bottom R is CONFETTI
So, that was 'stage one'. Then I [lazily] used my Big Shot to cut some of these
into 6x4 PL cards:
The FLOWER BURST STENCIL I fussy cut for my date card:
Here is how it looked finished:
One of the reverse stencil cards was used to
journal over. I figured using vellum on top would work:
These precision pens work really well for writing on vellum. I used a Pitt Artists big pen on all the Dusty Attic chippy that I used, including this
'remember' from the 
I sewed the vellum on, through the chippy. Here's the journaling card finished:
I used the other 'reverse' stencil patterns for backing my photo cards.
Here's a closie:
 
Blessed [ WORD PACK #21] indeed to live close by my son and Grand Boys!
Another card I utilised below middle, has an arrow printed on it; I simply added
some more from the 
Loving the CONFETTI stencil beneath it!
 
Top left is the LOVELY CIRCUIT stencil. I added
some black outline for detail.
Above on my Mum's photo I've used a round 'be happy' sentiment from the 
So, there you have it. Lots of fun using the NEW and VERY reasonably priced
Dusty Attic STENCILS and TEXTURE PASTE in some fun ways!
Thanks so much for reading this ~ I hope it gives you some ideas & inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. I love it Lizzy!!! OMG, going to get vellum today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome post Lizzy! I love all your different ideas in here!

    ReplyDelete