Monday 10 August 2015

Laugh - Gabrielle Pollacco - with another TUTORIAL


Hi all! For today's project I thought I'd play a bit with negative space designs.  I so admire people who can do this style of scrapping well! For me it's a bit of a challenge as I have a tendency to fill up my spaces too much.


I began this project by first using the Dusty Attic August Inspiration board as a stimulus for this project.  I chose my colors from it but I think I got a little off track with the blue, I meant to choose a steal/blue/gray ....I thought that the light blue and the grey would mix to the right color, but the light blue ended up dominating my layout.....ah well, I'm still happy with the results even if the colors didn't match the mood board as well as I wanted.....and where is the yellow, you may ask? It's in my nephews, wife's shirt! LOL!


These are the Dusty Attic products I used to make up this page:
~ Key to My Heart
~ Marrakesh Panel (small)
~ Sea Gulls
~ String Frames (Small)
~ Foliage #2
~ Work Pack #16


These are the Shimmerz Paints products I used for this project.  I've made up a short video tutorial on how this page came together....so take yourself a lil break and enjoy! (If the video is not showing up here on blogger you can watch at this link https://youtu.be/PGyEa1N19II .....


Hope you enjoyed my video tutorial! I have been trying to make use of some of my old stash, so I took these layered stickers I had from an old K and Company collection called Blossomwood and used them as my floral embellishments for the page (makes for a nice flat page design that will fit easily into an album).


I also fussy cut some Pussy-willow branches from a patterned paper in the Blossomwood paper collection, and scattered them around the photo area.  The little Sea Gulls are a nod to one of my friends on my Dusty Attic Design team Joanne Bain, who does clean and simple style to perfection,....she often uses those lil Sea Gulls in her work adding a lovely dramatic effect!


The Dusty Attic Marrakesh Panel (small) is such a fun design element that I think can add lots of texture to a page....here I just added a drop of Perfect Pearls in a lavender color to the joints.  For the pretty Dusty Attic heart lock (Key to my Heart) I painted the base with Shimmerz Grapetastic Dazzlerz and the ornate top piece with Shimmerz Gritty Graphite Texturez.


Recently Dusty Attic put out a whole bunch of AWESOME word packs, I just love these scripty titles....and what a great deal, as you get a number of titles in one pack!


I know it may pain some people to cut up the beautiful Marrakesh Panel, but never throw out the bits and pieces left over.  Even the smallest bitty piece can add a nice accent as shown here where I used a cut off piece for the little corner accent.

I hope you enjoyed checking out my attempt at a clean and simple page style!  Lots of time left this month to still play along in the Dusty Attic Inspiration Board Challenge....as always there is an AWESOME Dusty Attic prize up for grabs (a $100.00 Gift Certificate for the DA online store)!  Be sure to share your project here at the Dusty Attic blog and link it in the right side column.  Can't wait to see what you all come up with this month! xo


5 comments:

  1. Really beautiful layout.. loved the video too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely beautiful and I really like the dusty attic products. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so beautiful Gabi! The chippies look gorgeous on this page - love the heart locket, and the Marrakesh panel looks fantastic! Thanks, as always, for doing the video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to see what people have used so thank you for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete