Saturday 25 July 2015

Escape - Heather McMahon - Mood Board Inspiration

Hello again. It's Heather McMahon here with my layout using the gorgeous July mood board. Don't forget that the winner of this month's challenge receives a $100 voucher from Dusty Attic!

I had just downloaded some photos from my camera and when I saw the mood board I realised my photos would work perfectly with it.

Here's the mood board:



And here's what I made:


You can see I was completely inspired by the beautiful photo of nature. I focused on using the greens and complemented them with deep red Dusty Roses and Dusty in Colour Raisin paint.


I painted the foliage chippies with two shades of green Dusty Attic paint and added a few gold highlights.


The foundation of the background is torn paper and gesso with stamping and stencilling over the top. One of the words on the mood board is 'Magical' so I just had to use Lindy's Stamp Gang's Magicals as well!



The Dusty Attic products I used are:
Foliage #2 DA1292

Flutterbies #3 DA0766

Monarch Butterflies DA0819

Word Pack #10 DA1266

Dusty in Bloom Champagne Kisses

Dusty Roses - Deep Red

Dusty in Colour - Jungle Green, Forrest and Raisin

I hope you can join the challenge this month!




Happy scrappin'!


Heather 





1 comment: