Thursday 16 July 2015

Art Passion - Canvas - Joanne Bain

Howdy!!

Joanne with you today sharing my newest Dusty creation which is an altered canvas. I really enjoyed creating this as it is something a little different from what I am used to doing and I could make it a dimesional as I wanted.

'Art Passion'


I knew I wanted my canvas to be quiet dimensional so I started by dipping all the chipboard in hot water, once it was water soaked I gently pried the chipboard apart to create a frayed sort of a look. It worked fantastically and gave the peacock feathers a bit more bulk.


I applied texture paste to parts of the chipboard and then painted all with gesso.


I added some texture to the background and then added a nice wash of bright pink.


I mixed some of the Dusty In Colour Dusty Pink and Navajo White together to make a very light pink and lightly added to some of the chipboard.


I added some pretty pink Prima flowers and a sprinkling of butterflies to finish the canvas off.


Materials Used
Available from Dusty Attic


Peacock Feather - DA0586
Damask #2 - DA0557
Mini Words #2 - DA0476
ATC Frame #3 - DA0675
Dusty In Colour - Dusty Pink - DA0907
Dusty In Colour - Navajo White - DA0903

Other
Prima - Isabella - Dani - #655350

Come visit my blog - Scrappin For Me


No comments:

Post a Comment