Those of you who know me will know that flowers aren't my 'thing'. I find them hard to use at the best of times.
You will also know I ADORE a challenge. Even a self imposed one.
I was blessed to receive a good dose of flowers in my DA kit.
So, I figured it would be fun to see if I could use them. And I think I've done OK.
A couple of the cards I made you can see HERE.
This is the third of the batch, which I saved so I could do a step by step.
So here we go!
I gessoed over some white card stock, then added a stencil.
The seed beads stick well to wet molding paste!
I'm using the card on the right below:
You can see I've dabbed off with a bit of paper towel, if the colour was too strong.
I've also used a water mister to keep my paper dampish, so the paint didn't dry too quickly.
Then using my finger, I added some CASHMERE into the mix, to lighten it all up:
I decided to cover my background with Gel Medium - to make sure the seed beads stayed in place.
Inspiration struck & I added some glitter at this stage!
My sentiment was stamped, fussy cut, then dabbed with some of the left over paint.
Once this was attached, I went over all the flowers with some gesso on a sponge.
Et voila! The bird cages can be found HERE.
I've also added a few sequins:
The whole card:
Hope this makes you itchy to get scrapping!
Cheers ~ Lizzy