Tuesday 12 May 2015

worth Fighting for - Heather McMahon

Hello Dusty Attic friends. It's Heather McMahon back again today with some awesome Dusty Attic goodies to share with you.

I believe I'm a fairly calm person and I rarely get angry, but I was VERY angry when I made this layout! I don't think I've ever scrapped before while I've been angry so it was an interesting experience. I must say that I found it very therapeutic. I won't bore you with the details here but if you'd like to know it's all on my blog here.

Here's my layout:


As you can see I got very verbal on this one! I just let it all out. I didn't even think about what I was writing - except I did have to stop once to check how to spell 'bureaucrat'!

I love how the gate came up on this one. To decorate the shrubs on the ends, I first applied impasto with my finger in a dabbing motion to create rough texture. You could use texture paste or any similar product. When the impasto was dry, I dipped an old, stiff paintbrush into Forrest paint and dabbed it in an up and down motion onto the rough surface to add even more texture. I then did the same thing with Pesto paint. Dusty paints dry so quickly - I love them!


I inked the gate with a rust-coloured ink then applied three different colours of Beck BT's Tinby Designs Metallic Melts to get that rusty, weathered look. I used the same treatment on the title, only this time I used two colours.

It is possible to stitch chipboard down like I did here. You need to glue alphas and other small pieces in place first though as the foot of the machine tries to push them away. Just take it slow and steady.


The gorgeous house is from the Main Street set. I adore this set. I've finished the page off with some Dusty in Bloom flowers and a beautiful branch.



Thanks for looking today and putting up with my frustrations. Next time life gives you a bum steer, think about venting on paper - it's a great release!

Dusty Attic products used:
Typewriter ABC Set DA0143

Main Street DA0408

Branch #3 DA1094

Farm Fence #2 DA1097


Dusty in Bloom 'Champagne Kisses' and 'Wild Moss'

Dusty in Colour  - Forrest, Pesto, Jungle Green,
Cashmere and Alabaster.

 
Happy scrappin'!
Heather McMahon

No comments:

Post a Comment