Thursday 9 April 2015

Elongated Canvas - Gabrielle Pollacco - WITH a VIDEO Tutorial


Hi All! I'm thrilled to bring to you today a new
 VIDEO TUTORIAL 
using a unique elongated canvas and some really fun Dusty Attic Chipboard! I've always wanted to try doing one of these long canvas's and I found myself one in a nice manageable size for my first try, this is a 4x12 inch Artist Loft Canvas that I found at my local Michaels Craft store.


Here are some of the Dusty Attic products I used to create this canvas design:

~-Decorative Frame #1
~ Nuts & Bolts, Hinges
~ Pen Nibs
~ Cogs #1
~ Mini Cogs
~ Mini View Finders
~ Chains, Corner Flourish #3
~ Decorative Keyhole
~ Dusty In Color Cranberry (on heart)
~ Dusty in Bloom Mini Roses
Remember for the Month of April you can use the code 
HAPPYEASTER
(no space and all uppercase)to receive
FREE Postage
to anywhere in the world

I will take you through the whole process of creating this project, from making the heart centerpiece embellishment to layering on all these lovely paint products.  So grab yourself a cup of coffee/or tea, relax and enjoy!....




I hope you enjoyed watching my step by step on creating this canvas!  Here are a few close-ups of my page .....




Close-up of the air dry clay heart I made as centerpiece for this project as well as some of the Dusty Attic chipboard pieces I used to make up the canvas design.



I added some textures with molding paste and some stencils and used the Shimmerz NEW 'Ride the Tide' Creameez and 'Giddy About Green' Inklingz with 'Miner Miner 49er' Inklingz to get the verdigris (aged metal) look.


Thanks so much for stopping by the Dusty Attic Blog today! Hope I've inspired you to get your Dusty Attic chippies out to play! xo


1 comment: