Wednesday 1 April 2015

APRIL FOOLS DAY !


Good Morning Everyone 

Remember not to get caught out with April Fools Day today..... and if you are a prankster, has to be before midday or "your the fool"
(yes I love "fun" days like this!)

April is such a full month, with Easter soon, and then Anzac Day  (100 year anniversary this year). 
The "boss" and I have started planning classes, goody bags, kits and lots of awesome stuff for the shop for the July retreat at Shoalwater.
This retreat wasn't advertised as it is already full with a few people on the "wait list" 
BUT 
We have just confirmed October dates for Muresk, (insert happy dance here) you can email us at 
da.retreats@hotmail.com
to put your name down to receive information when the time comes to book in.

We had so many amazing entries into the March Mood Board challenge. 
Thank you to everyone that enters, it is just so good to see all your wonderful creations.

The Winner of the $100 Dusty Attic Gift Voucher is





Please email us at  dustyattic.hq@gmail.com 

Now for some Inspiration from two of our awesomely talented Design team girls, 
 Heather Jacob and Joanne Bain 

First up is Heather 


Hi everyone Heather J with you today sharing my take on the beautiful rich and velvety 
April Mood Board 

I decided to create a Card 
rich in texture, layering and depth.


APRIL MOOD BOARD 


THIS MONTH 
I chose to use the blues complemented by the richness of the 
deep maroon / brown hues.



 because I felt these colors were very rich and velvety I used 
VELVET FLOWERS. 

I created with lots of the paints this month
if you have not already used these paints I suggest you give them a go 
they are perfect to use. 
so many colors to mix and match . 

The Dusty Attic products used .
Dusty in color 
Denim DA 0914
Alabaster DA 0902
Raisin DA 0909
Hot Chocolate DA 0923
Crackle Paint DA 0900

Mini
Branches #2 DA 1121
Mini Heart Buttons  DA0682
Heart
Arrows #2 : DA1026

Some of the mini branches are painted in Denim DA 0914

The others are in the maroon/brown hues. 
my process.
 To achieve the color on the mini branches 
I began with white (Alabaster DA 0902 ) 
then mixed the Raisin DA 0909 with 
Hot Chocolate DA 0923.. applied this to the chipboard 
and finished off with a coat of 
Crackle Paint DA 0900






I love the texture on this card .
At first glance of the April mood board
I found these colors confronting... 
but once I decided to mix some of the paints together 
I was really happy with the result ..

Dusty paints are just the best ..
stunning colors and quick drying .

Remember 
you may purchase the chipboard direct
 from the Dusty Attic website .

my blog 

thanks so much for popping by
 and I do hope you are inspired to play with the April Mood board .
lots of love and hugz 
from Heather J oxox

and now


JOANNE BAIN

Howdy!!

Just sharing my latest creation created for the April Dusty Attic Mood Board Challenge. The challenge  has an amazing prize of a $100 Dusty Attic Gift Voucher for the winner and to enter you simply need to use the Mood Board for Inspiration, you can interpret it anyway you like. The only requirement is that Dusty Attic chipboard is used in your creation. Once completed simply add your link to the right side bar of the Dusty Attic blog.

So this is the April Mood Board.



This is how I interpreted it..

'Blessed'


I interpreted things a little differently this month, I was inspired by the shadow of the dark leafy branch at the side of the picture. I have used some of the colours from the swatches provided and the word Beginnings in my journalling on the back of my page..this visit to the beach was a first for my little man, it was the beginning of his love for collecting which he still does today although now it is collecting monster jam trucks.



I have double layered 2 of the ATC minature frames behind my photo and coloured to match my background colours.


I added a slight texture to the border swirl and the oval ATC minature frame. I painted the chipboard border swirl and my title with Twinkling H20's Indian Copper. 


I really love the vibrancy of this page, it's something I haven't done in a very long time. I also got back to my love of fussy cutting and added dimension for my page.

Materials Used
Available from Dusty Attic



Other
Twinkling H20's - African Jade
Twinkling H20's - Indian Copper
Graphic 45 - Bohemian Bazaar Collection - Vivid Splendor
Graphic 45 - Bohemian Bazaar Collection - Lap Of Luxury
Kaisercraft Rhinestones.

Visit my blog - Scrappin For Me


Joanne
xx
















8 comments:

  1. Wooooooo!!!, Muchísimas gracias por todo!!! ha sido un placer participar con ustedes y sobre todo los productos Dusty...
    Estoy feliz!!!...y mis más sinceros ánimos a mis compañeras de desafío. Un abrazo muy grande a todas!!!
    :))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Beatriz! What an awesome layout! And such fabulous work from the DT girls too. What an inspirational post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much !! It has been a real pleasure for me !!! ... a big hug !!!

      Delete
  3. Congrats to Beatriz on your win! GORGEOUS LO.... LOOOVE these 2 really different interpretations of the mood board - both brill in their own ways:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much !! It has been a real pleasure for me !!! ... a big hug !!!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations to you Beatiz...such a joyful creation! Do enjoy your new chipboards!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much !! It has been a real pleasure for me !!! ... a big hug !!!

      Delete
  5. Hola buenos días!, por favor, les estoy escribiendo a su correo pero no me responden...¿me pueden decir algo por favor?

    Hello good morning !, please, I am writing to your email but do not answer me ... can you tell me something please?

    ReplyDelete