Tuesday 11 November 2014

Card (with Tutorial) and #justsaying - Gabrielle Pollacco


Hello friends!  Gabrielle here with you today!  I have a fun and easy little card tutorial to share with you all today.  It's the weekend and I wanted to have a little fun playing with some of my Shimmerz Paint products, and some of my Dusty Attic chipboard.  So I gather up a few supplies, some watercolor paper and got playing!

Here is a quick l'il video tutorial I made up to show how I put it together!  (Note:....my lighting is bright when I film so the card appears softer in color in the video...above is the actual colors)  Enjoy!



Here are a couple of close-ups of the card design: 



I used some old stash for this card, some Prima Hydrangea blooms I had from an old kit.  I also used Martha Stewart leaf punch for the green leaves (just punched from cardstock and given a bit of a wrinkle.




I used one of my stamp designs, the Dandelion, as my center piece.  I used some white embossing powder with it....I would recommend not to press as hard as I did for this card as I feel I lost a lot of my detailing because of this :)



Products Used in this project:

Dusty Attic Chipboard:  Filigree Frame

I have one more project to share with you Dusty Attic Fans, I got my happy little hands on some of the NEW chippies and just fell in love with the new Wildflowers #3 chippie!  I used it to make this layout of my two sweet lil great-nieces Jade & Kierra.


I used some fun new designs on this page and some old favorites!.... 



I just love those cute NEW Hashtag Sayings chippies for titles....perfect size for me as my layouts get pretty busy and fitting in a large title is not always easy!  I also used the fun little Mini Numbers panel as an accent behind the right bottom corner of my photo.  I just inked with a few colors and added a gloss coat.  I also used a couple of my new 'Word Stamps' for this page 'fabulous'.  These are words I like to use in my scrapbook work done in my own handwriting.  You can find these stamps at The Scrapbook Diaries ....ask Janene for a shipping quote for small packages! :) ....there is also a Scrapbook shop in New Zealand that sells my stamps (for you Australian ladies :) , check with Joanne Flannery for more info on this :)



For those adorable NEW Wildflower #3 chippie, I just used some browns and green inks on it and added some pearl white 3D paints to the blossoms.



I used some Recollections blooms and one of my all time favorite chippies, the Zipper, on this page as well. I used a metalic 3D paint on the zipper Scribbles Bronze Paint.



Another view of the side zippers...

I hope you enjoyed my projects today and hope you find the time to get your Dusty Attic on! xo


4 comments:

  1. Wowwww What a beautiful projects! I love everything that makes Gabrielle, is for her that I knew Dusty Attic because I fell for her projects.
    Both are gorgeous!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful card and loved watching the video too! And that layout is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gabrielle, I love how you used the watercolors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing Gabrielle. That new wild flower chippie is stunning!

    ReplyDelete