Thursday 20 February 2014

Framed - Heath McMahon




I have something a little different to share. I decided to use a whole sheet of the Dusty Attic large Argyle Panel as my background. This then allowed me to almost create a third dimension by adding papers to the back of the panel. It's kind of like having two backgrounds.


There are so many thing you could do with this panel. Try splatting paint across a piece of white cardstock and placing that behind it or try painting the panel a bold colour and put lighter colours behind. You could create some really interesting effects.



Once I had made my 'double background' I just created the layout on top as usual, however I kept the design fairly simple so it didn't get too busy. I used two sizes of the #3 banner which I painted in four Dusty in Colour paints. I added paper to some of the larger flags for a bit of variety.


I painted a Spider Chrysanthemum flower using the same paints as the banner and added a camera chippie which I painted black.




Dusty Attic Products used
Argyle Panel large DA1010



Banner #3 DA1025




Spider Chrysanthemum DA1023



Mini Cameras DA1038

Dusty in Colour paints used:
Sunshine
Oceania
Sunburnt Orange
Capri


I hope you get the chance to have a play with this.

Happy scrappin'!

Heather 



No comments:

Post a Comment