Friday 17 January 2014

Remember - Journal Cover - Nadia Cannizzo

Hi Everyone! It's Nadia Cannizzo here with you today sharing an altered
 notebook cover that I created using the just released
 Dusty Attic Geometric range.

 

 



I had an absolute blast creating this,... I might add I am mighty proud of how it turned out LOL! I should give all credit of course to the simply STUNNING Dusty Attic chipboard and paints here because I really did not have to do much here to create this look. 


So the notebook is actually from Dusty Attic as well. I started by applying a thick coat of Gesso to prepare the area. 

I then painted the cover with Dusty Attic Navajo White paint and then followed by Dusty Attic Gingernut and Vintage Gold paints. When i applied those, I quickly sprayed them with water to blend them together and create a watercolour effect. 

Once all that was dry, I simply used a new mask that I have bought, the Crafter's Workshop Balzer Designs Life Months 12x12 stencil and some thick modelling paste from Reeves (bought at Officeworks for those interested. It is VERY good!) to create the texture and design you can see in the background. 

I then used the Geometric Border, Panel and Corners to add detail to my cover. 

I applied some layers of gesso on the chipboard shapes and then coloured them with Lumiere by Jacquard Light Metallic Acrylic paint in Brass


I applied some more Dusty Attic Vinatge Gold paint, together with some more mists and sprays from 13arts and Heidi Swapp before adding some Prima Marketing embellishments. 


Dusty Attic Materials Used:
Dusty Attic Paint: Navajo White (DA0903), Gingernut (DA0922), Vintage Gold (DA0926)

From The Flying Unicorn
Prima Marketing Junkyard Findings - Car Parts
Prima Marketing Junkyard Findings - Water Pipe Frames
The Crafter's Workshop Balzer Designs Life Months 12x12 stencil


Other
Heidi Swapp Color Shine - Gold
13arts Ayeeda Mist - Yellow Amber
Reeves Modelling Paste

Thanks for dropping by today. Please see my blog HERE 

1 comment:

  1. Wow - that is absolutely glorious! Love the geometric shapes and the stunning colours.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete