Thursday 30 January 2014

Paint Caddy - Vicky Alberto

Vicky blogging today to share with you my altered Dusty Attic paint caddy (DA0811). I loved the fact that the wood edges were already stained very dark brown. So, I didn't feel it necessary to paint the inside since my project was going to be black, cream and tan anyways (and it will be filled with all my DA paints too). I do love the simple elegance of the natural tan wood colour against the cream and black papers.

I added some DA French flourish pieces (DA0275 and DA0273) to decorate the top portion and the drawer. I kept the natural wood finish on the French flourish pieces and simply topped them with DA's clear crackle varnish (DA0900) to give them a polished look. This nicely matches the natural finish on the inside of the caddy.

This sturdy MDF caddy is so very easy to assemble and is a really good size to house a lot of paints on top and tools in the drawer. The caddy is 9.5 inches wide, by 10 inches deep, by 5.5 inches high.
Thanks for joining me on the blog today!
Vicky Alberto
http://simplypaperandcreativity.blogspot.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment