Tuesday 16 July 2013

"This is Life" Layout by DT Louise Collins

When I received my Design Team parcel of goodies from Dusty attic, I was thrilled to find some of the new filmstrip chippies. These have to be one of my favourite DA products so far, but this has left me with a bit of a dilemma. Its hard knowing when to use your favourite chipboard pieces, knowing that you only have one! This is why I decided to show you how to stretch your favourite chippies so you can use them on more than one page.
 
Here I have used the gorgeous filmstrip piece as an example on just one page, but you could use just half and save the second half for another project all together.
 
 
Take your chippie and look at it carefully. Lay it on your blank page, move it about and play with positioning until you find a way that you can cut your chippie in half. Yep, that's right. with a craft knife, cut straight through the middle giving you two pieces. Some pieces will need to be cut vertically, such as a bird cage, and some will not matter.


I used my first half of a filmstrip here as a frame for my photo. Taking the second half I played around with positioning again so I could chop it up some more. You will see I have done it in such a way that it looks as if there are actually three pieces of filmstrip layered on top of one another. Voila! Much more Chippy for your stash :-) 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment