Thursday 5 January 2012

Introducing Julie Winks





My name is Julie Winks and my husband Troy and I live in Central Queensland with our four incredibly active kids, Maddison 15, Claire 12, Cooper 8 and my little man at home, Lachlan 3.  Between running around after my crazy busy family, catering to our love of camping, sports and the outdoors and indulging in my favourite creative obsession, there isn’t a lot of spare time in my days ... and that’s just how I like it!

I have been scrapbooking specifically for about 7 years now, but have always been obsessed with craft and creating from a very early age with things such as sewing, knitting, decorating and journaling.  I’ve always got some sort of project on the go!

Whilst whatever style I have is constantly evolving, some aspects remain constant.  I love to layer with plenty of detail, I adore white space and I am really colour driven.  Colour combinations in design are always the things that catch my eye and are inevitably what inspires me when I create a layout... no doubt a hangover from my interior design days at uni, which is now far too long ago to admit to!! 

I am on the Design Teams for both The Scrapboxx and The Colour Room and have also been on the Creative Teams for challenge sites Kraft It Up and Stuck! Sketches.

In the last 12 months I have started to dip my toes into the wonderful experience of teaching this amazing craft of ours and I think I am just as hooked on sharing the passion as I am with the creative process.   Most recently I have been teaching via video tutorials for Miss Art’s Papercrafting School, a fabulous crafty education centre, which is rapidly growing in popularity.

I am thrilled to be on the DA Design team and can’t wait to play some more with my favourite chipboard!


3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the DT Julie! I just love your work and can't wait to see your projects with DA's gorgeous chippies! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Julie!! I'm a big fan of your work and it's gonna be so cool working with you and the rest of these talanted ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie! WELCOME:) Absolutely love your work as well!!

    ReplyDelete